I started work on my “Espley One-Name Study” on 29 October.
I don’t know if other people keep manuscript notes but it certainly works for me. So I have today finished transcribing the GRO births for 1837-1915 in to a new reference book I started just for this project.
My next step is to tackle the birth records on the IGI.
I have also registered a website domain name for when I am ready to publish the results of my study.
Things still to to do
- join The Guild of One-Name Studies and register the Espley name with them
- more research about computer software options
- prepare a plan for when I finish recording the IGI births
- continuing research on the Espley name – locations, historical facts etc.
I will be doing other family history tasks as well – so the “one-name study” will take a back seat from time to time.
This last week I have also been indexing census and draft records for Family Search. So it seems as though I have spent every spare minute in front of the lap top.
May be time for an IT break – then again may be not!