Ahead of schedule I completed transcribing the 1901 England, Wales and Scottish census into my spreadsheet records yesterday afternoon.
That’s all the England & Wales births, marriages and deaths completed and the census returns for 1841 through to 1901. I feel well chuffed.
I started an interesting thread on the GOONS forum yesterday asking for advice from other researchers about how they assign unique ID numbers to each person. There has been quite a lot of replies and a good number of different methods for keeping track of each person. I will need to give some thought to what is the best option for me.
As I said in my last update I am now looking forward to trying to match people into family groups.
This is only the start of course. There are many more records available in the UK including wills, ships passenger lists and prison records.
The bigger goal is to look globally and also for the variant names included in my study – Epsley and Aspley.