Espley One Name Study – Update #6

I haven’t made very much progress since my last update in March.  To be honest I have been concentrating on using the National Burial Index I bought at a family history fair in April and concentrating my efforts in that area for my main family history research.

Anyway I got back to the one name study this morning and took stock.  I am nearly half way through indexing the England 1891 census – I completed the 1881 census sometime in April.  My goal is to finish the 1891 census by the middle of June and then start on 1901.  I’m not going to set myself a target for that just yet.

I can see an end in sight for the transcribing and indexing work.  After that I want to try to identify each individual, track them on the different spreadsheets and build family tree records.

About these ads

3 comments

  1. Hi,
    I have wanted to try a one name study, have you made any useful discoveries by doing it. I can imagine its a lot of work piecing all the names together afterwards.

    Gill

    1. Gill – i think the discoveries will come when i try to connect the individuals into family groups. It’s a long process but enjoyable. Check the Guild of One Name Studies website if you’re considering starting your own. They’re really helpful.

      Mike

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s